Monday 9 November 2009

down from the ceiling

I put up the last bits of plasterboard this morning - the last bits in the two larger rooms, that is, there are still the two bathrooms, the boiler room and the workroom to do - and it looks a bit of a mess. But the next stage is to finish off the filler (which Caro has been working on) and then paint, and then sand the paint and the filler off the beams, and then - that's it.

So I spent an afternoon creating what I hope will not come to be called "Komputer Korner". It's temporary, really, it IS temporary. I've got much better plans for something permanent. But it's a useful space and now it's done. Solid too.

new desk

Shows what you can do with an old pallet and some lino offcuts.

Some of the tiling is getting near to done. Compare this one with the 14th September picture of work in progress. We ran out of tiles so it's still not quite done, but it's much more like the way it should be.

downstairs

And upstairs the lino is down in the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms is very nearly finished - still a small amount of tiling and some grouting to do. Here's the bathroom, where the tiles and structures are all my own work:

upstairs

I've managed to get some solidly cemented carreaux de platre supporting the bath, so it doesn't flex when filled with water (and hopefully the grout round it will stay watertight as a result).

And this shows the lino:

Photobucket

The pictures were taken at night with a flash, but when the sun is shining the whole effect is warm and (er) colourful. Pity about the invasion of wasps. If I can find where they are getting in I might be able to stop them. I did find and (temporarily) fix the appalling draft by the computer desk.

1 comment:

Followers