Wednesday 14 December 2011

Bathroom floor

The floor is now in place and grouted, but I haven't yet cleaned the surface mist of grout off the tiles. It's best to wait until the joins are fully dry.

Photobucket

It's been heavy rainstorms interspersed with lighter ones all day long, so the air is very damp and I expect it will take a bit longer to dry than usual.

The local tiler has kindly offered to lend me his big tile cutter for the wall tiles, and I hope to be able to start those fairly soon. Though I'll be starting with the washbasin surface, which has to be cemented in place and then tiled before I do the walls around it. I am not looking forward to cutting the large format tiles to produce exactly sized holes - the one for the tap has to be just big enough for the pipes, but not so big that the body of the tap falls through: as near as posible just 28mm diameter.

I'm pleased with these first results.

I'm slightly less pleased with the night-time visitor we had on Saturday:

Photobucket

Eventually it took half a dozen farming neighbours and a tractor with a telescopic arm to get the cow out. She appears to be no worse for her chilly experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers