Saturday 16 May 2009

End of a week's tiling

Saturday at last, and the last of the tiling to do: just the two bathrooms to finish. The mayor arrived at 8 am as before, and by lunchtime we'd finished it all. I felt very pleased with what we'd achieved together, and even more so when the mayor said he'd be back on Monday to do the grouting. Once that is done the stairs can go in, and maybe the joiner will actually start putting them up on Wednesday as he has said he intends. We'll see.

Better still, we had a good seven square meters of the flagstones left over, which will go onto the patio outside. Making it fit properly is a little tricky though, and I've been scratching my head over it most of the evening.

It was an absolutely beautiful spring day too, a few thin high clouds and hot sunshine. After clearing up it was time to mow the grass that had been shooting up in all the rain last week. So I'm looking forward to a day off tomorrow - it has been hard work this week and I feel I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers