Thursday 7 May 2009

A small step

Went down to the mairie to lodge a request for permission to build a shed in the garden, but discovered from the very helpful secretary there that I didn't have quite as many attachments as Aurillac would like, so it's - literally! - back to the drawing board. They need artistic front and side views.

The mayor was there, and he promised he'd be with us on Monday to start the tiling. So I spent an hour or so this afternoon mixing a bit of concrete to get the step down into the hall the right height. I hope it is now exactly halfway between the doorstep and the floor level. It won't be possible to tile it for a couple of weeks, as the concrete has to cure fully first. But by then, the mayor will have finished the rest and I should know enough about putting the tiles in to do that bit all by myself.

Also today I went up to the tax office in Aurillac to get this years (2008 income) tax return forms. It seems odd that the forms aren't available until the beginning of May (the 5th) and have to be completed and returned no later than the 29th May. Why not have them available from 1 January?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers