Monday 25 January 2010

A day on the tiles

For reasons I can't explain, tiling a small area of bathroom wall made me lose my temper. The crosser I got, the more reason I had to be cross, as the ready-mix adhesive sloshed from the spreader onto the floor, onto the other tiles, onto the bathroom fittings, onto me, and in fact onto anywhere but the wall where it was meant to go. Slowing down, breathing deeply for a minute or two, helped reduce the splatter, but trying to keep that way was very difficult. It might be because there is a difficult edge to finish - postponed for another day - which I feel won't be quite satisfactory whatever I do. It was a case of "not starting from here" - half the wall is already tiled, but it would have been better to have started from the other edge.

So I am sitting down with Bernard Cornwell's Azincourt instead.

Bathroom tiles aren't very interesting.

1 comment:

Followers