Sunday 31 January 2010

tiling ..... and .... tiling

This week I have mostly been tiling. Every now and then I have been doing some grouting for a change. Then some more tiling. As a result I have hands like sandpaper (about 80 grit) and the two downstairs bathrooms are fully tiled. And grouted. Finsihed in fact. Maybe a picture later - bathroom tiles look pretty much like bathroom tiles everywhere.

I've re-started on the upstairs bathroom, but by some act of providence I have finished the tile cement so there will be a short break before I buy some more. It's been very cold - well below zero - and there's about an inch of snow all round, so although it looks very pretty, driving to Mr Bricolage will be a rather slow business. For that matter I don't have enough tiles either, even with the extra ones on order (due maybe next week?), so it will no doubt be a while before it is all finished.

Here's the snow:

snowy barn

I am telling myself it is just the sun that has melted the snow on the rook, rather than a lack of insulation. Or perhaps the wind blew it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers