Friday 12 February 2010

the ceiling is filled

Not much to show for a weeks work, so I won't show it. The plasterboard is all filled, and smoothed off, and then filled again, and smoothed again. When I used the sander after the first filling session, it knocked out some of the less well-filled edges, and it was these gaps that needed the second filling. And the work has taken its toll - my sander died and had to be replaced. Plaster dust probably isn't very good for its electrics. My fingertips are particularly painful - sandpaper and splinters.

The last job was hoovering the beams to get the last of the dust off, which is a funny kind of job, involving a cricked neck and a lot of dust in my face.

But the ceiling is now ready for painting, probably tomorrow, as we've got visitors coming on Sunday and we're hoping the house will look its best.

It's been very cold indeed for the last week or so - daytime temperatures getting up to minus 3 - and the thin snow is frozen (as are the outside taps, the washing machine, and my nose after the first couple of minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers