Sunday 7 March 2010

creeping towards the end of the bathrooms

It seems to be a very slow process, but we are very nearly there. I've finally done all the tiling and grouting except the two removable hatches into the space below the bath, and the mirror for the second bathroom.

This is the mirror in the red bathroom (it's easy to remember which one that is, as of course "the East is Red"):

Photobucket

The plastic over the round window is not (entirely) an admission of defeat, in that we haven't yet been able to get the coloured glass to go into it. It's more to keep the new cat out of the bedrooms, though at present getting her to come out from under the cooker would be something of a triumph.

And this is the west (blue) bathroom, just waiting for the plumber to put the fittings in. And of course I hope they will fit, as the floor levels do need to be just about right:

Photobucket

I've also been casting a new lid for the septic tank in (regrettably yes, in) the farmhouse. The old lid had cracked and the smells would gradually percolate up from the cellar to the kitchen (naturally the septic tank doesn't have a vent pipe). I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rather wet concrete won't cure into something fragile. If it does, though, I'll still have the mold and I can try again. It was tricky getting the reinforcing to fit, as it comes in 20cm squares and the width of the lid is just exactly 40cm. I crimped the rods of the steel mesh a bit and that shortened it. Hopefully enough. Though I won't know until it starts to rust where the ends project (if they do).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers