Monday 17 August 2009

hot and back to normal ..... almost

Why do I always feel the need to complain? It's very hot today, and even more humid, with hotter weather forecast. I think it's because I'd like to be getting on with laying those tiles, but it would be just a little too much. My back is pretty well normal again, and the computer is working - though I have lost all the addresses and e-mails in Outlook, so I'll scrabbling round to retrieve these and maybe this time I'll remember to back them up. Or not, of course.

I'd laid a few tiles on Sunday but used up the last of the sand and cement. So today I went and collected another ton of sand and some bags of cement from Maurs. It was shovelling the sand off the trailer into the sandpit that convinced me that it was too hot to work. I'm not entirely sure that I'm doing it right - I've a feeling that tiles bedded on mortar need a minimum thickness of mortar, and maybe I don't have that. And I can't increase it without running the risk of rain washing into the bedroom. It's probably better to have a few tiles coming loose - they can always be re-fixed, than having solidly fixed tiles that are just that lttle bit too high for draining away the rainwater.

So I am trying to relax and swim a little in the pool, and I'm keeping the shutters closed in an attempt to have a bedroom cool enough to sleep in tonight.

2 comments:

  1. You do realise, I am sure, that we huddled masses yearning for some sun are unlikely to be overly sympathetic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the huddled masses eat cake!

    ReplyDelete

Followers