Thursday 13 August 2009

work suspended

Not the best day yesterday. A lovely morning, clear skies, warm, sunny, as usual (I shouldn't say that), and I got ready to tackle the tiling on the patio. I'd ground down the excess cement round the existing tiles, chased out the gaps between them so I could grout later, and generally had everything ready to start.

Then, just as I got up from kneeling by the edge of the patio, a nasty pain in my back and I find I can't bend. It'll be a few days I'm sure before I can touch my toes again. So I had to force myself to an idle lifestyle, lying down and reading, and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Well, a quiet night (as they all are) with clear skies, and as I woke up about 4am, I went to lie down by the pool to watch the perseid meteor shower ("the Tears of St Lawrence"). It was a good (but not spectacular) show, as the moon was bright and quite close to the radiant. I might try again tonight, but the moon will be much the same: it'll depend on whether I wake early.

This morning feeling very slightly better I went to Calvinet for some painkillers in the car, then off to the supermarket, naturally leaving the shopping list behind. In fact walking about seems to make my back feel less painful, so I plan a short stroll this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers