Friday 11 February 2011

self assembly

Self assembly as I can't get anyone to do it for me.

Here's the progress I've made so far. There are two coats of varnish on the wood, which is now finally glued and screwed in place on the framework. And I've cut the blanking piece in front of the sink. To the left and right of it I plan to have drawers with fronts from similar single bits of oak. Underneath there will be doors, which I expect to make framed with a recessed panel.

Photobucket

I went to Figeac to get the wedi-board this morning. This unlikely-sounding product ("I'd like some wedi-board please" "Wouldn't you prefer something more robust, sir?") provides a waterproof layer for tiling onto. I'll be cutting it to size next. It will then be both cemented and screwed into place on the chipboard. The cement is a special flexible type (or that's what it says on the packet).

1 comment:

Followers