Thursday 19 January 2012

Architraving mad?

Yesterday I fitted the extra architrave around the window and door, and today I got on with the tiling.

Here's the state of play this evening (I stopped when I ran out of tile cement):

Photobucket

The new strips of moulding look rather obvious but I hope that once they are painted it will look as if it is a single piece of rather fancy woodwork. Whether or not, it does provide a good edge for the tiles, both at the reveals (the bit next to the window) and on the walls where the tiles meet the framing for the window opening.

There's only one annoying thing about the tiles I put up today. After starting on the wall in the shower area, I discovered that the outside wall slopes out a bit towards the top. If I had started the tiling from the other side (the left rather than the right), I could have cut the last tiles that meet the sloping wall to make a good fit. As it is, the joints will be slightly tapered to allow me to get an eventual vertical column of tiles.

Yesterday I also grouted the white tiles on the floor next to the shower: they look pretty good. Well, I'm pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers