Monday 30 January 2012

More grout....

The larger part of the shower area is now grouted, and although doing the soap/shampoo niche was tricky, it seems to have worked well enough. The end of the partition wall is still untiled, as Point P have not yet got the final edging strip for me. It shouldn't take too long, though.

Photobucket

The sink is now in place, and the drain is connected. I'll leave off connecting the water supply until I'm able to connect the shower too. Although there are individual valves to close off the basin taps separately from the shower, I don't know which is which. The basin will eventually have a line of grout round the base, as otherwise there's a dirt-trap between the basin and the tiles. It doesn't sit absolutely flat on the tiles.

I've also wired up an electric socket on the wall near the basin, which shows in this picture:

Photobucket

Unfortunately the socket will have to come off again. I put screws into five of the six holes provided, thinking that would be enough, as the sixth risked going through the mains cable. But in fact without the sixth it's distinctly flexible, so I'll have to drill a careful hole for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers