Monday 16 January 2012

Monday midday

When I finished last night it was getting dark, and I had turned off the elctricity in the bathroom in order to tile round the light switch. So I wasn't able to get a picture. I put a few more tiles up this morning and this gives an idea of where I am now:

Photobucket

This shot gives a slightly better view of the holes in the tiles that are needed for the suspended WC. It won't go up for a while: I'll need to be sure the tile cement is really hard, and the grouting done too:

Photobucket

Finally this picture:

Photobucket

gives a view of the problem with tiling over the top of the existing tiles, when the new tiles go further up the wall. It's just possible to see the layer of wediboard - with a thin black vertical line and lightblue foam filler - above the level of the old tiles. You can also see how thick it makes the tiled surface of the wall. There's a good 2cm ledge at the top.

Around the edge of the window reveal I will add another strip of moulding (architrave?) which will cover the edge of the new tiling. And I'll have something similar to do round the doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers