Saturday 14 January 2012

Up and down

A drive through mist and sunshine to Figeac, and I bought two more tubs of adhesive. So I was able to finish off the wall I had been working on yesterday. Not grouted yet, of course: I'll tackle that when all the tiles are up. A very cold today: barely above zero all day long, and minus 4 forecast for tonight.

Photobucket

I'm feeling a little bruised, as I managed to tip myself off that stepladder. Even falling from 50cm can be painful. Somehow my legs went one way and the ladder went the other, and I found myself on the floor with a painful bottom and a knock on the head (but it can't have been too bad, as it bled very little). I still have no idea how it happened, but I can say it only happened once. Well, only once today.

I've bought a sack of light grey grout which I hope will go well enough with both colours: I used up some left-over grey grout on the floor and that looked pretty good against the brown. This is slightly lighter in colour and should be OK against the off-white tiles too.

And as far as I can tell the wediboard is firmly stuck to the wall, and the tiles are firmly stuck to it. When using the rubber mallet to get a firm placement, it didn't sound hollow anywhere.

More tomorrow I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers